logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MikeyChris
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 2:24:38 PM(UTC)
MikeyChris

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,
I am new to Cobian Backup and have a couple questions. So far, I really like the program and find the most often used features easy to comprehend.

A couple days ago I ran a full drive C: backup (uncompressed and encrypted). The data amounted to 61.08GB and the backup took 22 hours. I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1 on a Lenovo Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz, 4 GB of RAM and 500GB of primary hard drive (with over 6 TB of other internal and USB storage). The source files came from a stationary (primary) hard disk and the destination is an internal hybrid SSHD with loads of available space. Is 22 Hours normal to backup for this amount of data?

Last night I ran a scheduled daily incremental backup (my first, so it was larger than what a normal one would be). The computer was unattended, but I was still logged in as me (admin). When I checked things this morning the Cobian Backup icon was no longer in the tray, and when I tried to start Cobian, a message told me an instance was already running and mentioned the Service being active, and the only option was to close the dialog box. But I could not access the program - when I tried to start it, I kept getting that same message, and the computer was running very sluggishly. When i checked CPU usage (Task Manager) there was very little activity (under 5% mas cpu usage). I had to reboot to check the logs. The backup had performed and logged as desired, but I was wondering why the icon was no longer in the tray and I could not access the program.

Thanx for the help.

Mike in the swamps of Louisiana USA
Sponsor