Creation of multiple unwanted copies on target device

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
amorosik

Creation of multiple unwanted copies on target device

Post by amorosik »

I am using Cobian 11 Gravity ver 11.2.0.582
When I try to copy the entire C: drive on the backup device, in my case a Qnap nas via ftp, I find the contents of the C: on the nas inside a directory like /HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy56
At the next start a different directory is created, of the type /HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy58 and so on
My intention is instead to make sure that subsequent backups overwrite the files on the directory already created
This problem only happens when I select the entire disk
If I select single or multiple directory, then everything works as expected, only one copy of the indicated files is kept on the nas
The question is: how to copy an entire source disk and have the files overwritten on the target device?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Creation of multiple unwanted copies on target device

Post by cobian »

Aside for wasting a lot of space by backing up Windows system files, so you could uncheck "Always create top directory" from the Advanced tab in your task.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
amorosik

Post by amorosik »

Thank you for your kind reply
But that doesn't seem to be the case
I've tried with both the "Advanced / Always create top parent directory" flag on and off, and the result seems to be the same
On Files / Source I set "C: \"
On Files / Destination I set "ftp://user: *@192.168.1.100:21/150/C"
And when I start the backup, on the destination disk I always find myself with an added directory of the type HaddiskVolumeShadowCopy82 or similar
In addition to the "Always create top parent directory" flag I also tried to change the "Use absolute path" flag but the result has not changed
Every time a backup is launched, a different directory is created on the target device, and this creates a notable problem for me because the space runs out completely
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Will take a look at that.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator