CB11 - Install on new PC forces backup type to Full

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
nzmike

CB11 - Install on new PC forces backup type to Full

Post by nzmike »

Hi there,

I've been using CB for years doing incremental backups to my local NAS drive. I've just built a new PC, installed CB and set up my daily backup task again. Obviously I've set it to incremental as I already have my backups from my previous PC install but when the task it runs it forces the type to Full because it thinks it's never done a backup before. (And it also still can't contact VSS even though the service is running)

2022-04-03 12:35 Starting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot for the drives: E:\
ERR 2022-04-03 12:35 Couldn't contact the Volume Shadow Copy requester. Please check that the service is installed and running
2022-04-03 12:35 Warning: The .NET 3.5 framework doesn't seem to be installed on your computer. This platform is needed to execute the Volume Shadow Copy requester
2022-04-03 12:35 Changing the backup type to full. Reason: task's first backup <== CHANGES BACKUP TYPE TO FULL
2022-04-03 12:35 Creating the destination directory "\\MJC-NAS\Backup\MJC01\"
ERR 2022-04-03 12:35 Couldn't create the destination directory "\\MJC-NAS\Backup\MJC01\": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

I've looked in all the options and can't see anyway to override this. I've got over 1TB of existing backups so do not want to have to delete all those and start again - is there anything I can do to over ride this setting and force it carry on with my existing incremental backups?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: CB11 - Install on new PC forces backup type to Full

Post by cobian »

Option-Engine-First backup always full
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator