Cobian backup 11: does not stop after job finished?

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
mohafo

Cobian backup 11: does not stop after job finished?

Post by mohafo »

Hello!
I have used Cobian 11 for many years without any problems, but now something strange happens: (WIN 10-Pro, build 21H1)
When a task has been finish, the Interface does not stop, but continuous runs without doing anything. The worked task file shows as finished and seems to be total and al-right.
The Interface does not respond on pause or close, the only way to stop it, is to use Exit. The same occurred on another WIN 10 of earlier build around mid 2021. And of cause it cannot start a new job, before it has been stopped.
Hope someone has a solution, thanks!
tetsu

Re: Cobian backup 11: does not stop after job finished?

Post by tetsu »

Install it as Application not as service, and update your OS, I'm on W10 21H2 (V.19044) and it works fine.
Regards.
mohafo

Post by mohafo »

It is not that easy! I have tried both as app and as a service, but the result is the same for both! On another PC also with WIN 10 (same build) it runs perfect!
So the difference between the 2 PC's is only the hardware??? On the PC with trouble it ran fine earlier, and I suppose the problem started with a main update. However, now I have tried a very old build and updated this to 21H1, and the result is still the same!
The backup result is OK and complete, but it is during the check it does not finish this and never stops, and it does not react on pause nor cancel!
Any suggestions to try???
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Never seen that behavior before. Sorry :(
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator