Task panel disappeared

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
PeterHelby

Task panel disappeared

Post by PeterHelby »

Task panel width can be adjusted in usual manner by moving the vertical splitter with the mouse. The panel will completely disappear if you move the splitter all the way to the left. Unfortunately IT WILL THEN NOT REAPPEAR, so you seem to have lost all tasks. The splitter refuse to move, so you are stuck without task panel. At least, that has been my experience in Windows 10, completely updated as of May 2022.

I got rather desperate, and could really find no way to recover the task panel from within the user interface.
However, I found this solution, going outside the user interface:
(1) Check this settings file: "...interface positions.ini", located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cobian Backup 11\Settings". Look for the value "splitter=X". If X is 0 (zero), you have found the problem.
(2) Terminate Cobian using ctrl-alt-del. There are two Cobian background tasks. I terminated both. The Cobian icon disappear from my windows task bar.
(3) Edit the settings file, for instance to "splitter=300"
(4) Restart Cobian by clicking on "Cobian.exe", found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cobian Backup 11". This makes Cobian icon reappear in Windows task bar.
(5) Using the icon, open the user interface. You will (hopefully) see the problem solved. The task panel has reappeared, and the width is adjustable as before. Just don't adjust it down to zero!

Another topic might be about the same bug, though this is not clear from the problem description or the proposed solutions. So I have chosen to post this as a new topic. The older similar topic is: "Tasks have all disappeared", started on 16 Feb 2022, and found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=978&hilit=disappeared
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Task panel disappeared

Post by cobian »

In Gravitu you must delete the ini file from

%LOCALAPPDATA%\CobianSoft\Cobian Backup Interface.ini
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator