Expected behavior when writing to multiple destinations?

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
Cowboy

Expected behavior when writing to multiple destinations?

Post by Cowboy »

Hi all, new to the board ... I've been using Cobian for a while and am looking for some feedback. I have about 15 tasks, each with roughly the same attributes as the attached picture. Image

Everything seems to work as long as I only address one destination. When I select a second destination, it seems the "Make one full every..." is counted as the total for both destinations (20 incremental copies in this example) . In this example, I am expecting one full new copy to be made after the 20th incremental copy to each locations after each location has 19 incremental copies plus the old full copy. It works when I only address one destination (as pictured) but not when I address 2 destinations. One destination is a network drive (pictured) and the other is an internal SSD drive. What am I missing? For one of the destinations, it will then delete all the copies at some point instead of leaving a full copy behind on both destinations.

Any insight appreciated!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (42.5 KiB) Viewed 4803 times
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Expected behavior when writing to multiple destinations?

Post by cobian »

Just double (or x3 or x4 etc...) the Full copies to keep in dependence of the number of destinations. 2 destinations: 2 full copies to keep, 3 destinations: 3 full copies to keep, etc.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Cowboy

Re: Expected behavior when writing to multiple destinations?

Post by Cowboy »

Cheers, that works now. Love this software ... very complex so not for the average user. Great for those who like to tinker a bit :OK