Configure email using ionos smtp (1and1)

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
cmilioti

Configure email using ionos smtp (1and1)

Post by cmilioti »

Hello all,

I am having trouble setting up the email option in Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity) using Ionos' smtp servers.

An Ionos customer for many years (formerly 1and1.com), I have successfully used their SMTP servers with other backup software that supports emailing of logs.

But Cobian's email options are rather comprehensive and hence, quite baffling to me, as I have never had to worry about many of these advanced settings.

I have tried many of the settings permutations per the ssl screen, but given the sheer number of options is hard to know which combination(s) is causing the email test failures (everything I have tried fails).

The official Ionos page regarding smtp settings (very brief) can be found here: https://www.ionos.com/help/email/genera ... imap-pop3/

In summary, this is all they disclose regarding smtp:

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
Server smtp.ionos.com
Port (for SSL Encryption) 465
Port (TLS/STARTTLS, alternative to SSL) 587

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Configure email using ionos smtp (1and1)

Post by cobian »

SETTING VALUE
Server address smtp.ionos.com
Port (for SSL) 465
Port (TLS/STARTTLS, alternative to SSL) 587
Please note: Activate the SMTP authentication option for the outgoing mail server (SMTP), not the SPA option.

Should work like this
Attachments
ionos.jpg
ionos.jpg (173.01 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cmilioti

Re: Configure email using ionos smtp (1and1)

Post by cmilioti »

Hi,

Thank you for your rapid response.

However, my Cobian Backup 11 email options screen does not resemble your example.

I have the additional "SSL" button, where the many advanced settings can be found (see attached screen shot). Many of these settings I simply do not understand :(

When I configure main mail settings screen just like your example it still fails.

Any thoughts on what options may be necessary within the SSL setting screen?

Thank you.