Installing problems

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
rowanbradley

Installing problems

Post by rowanbradley »

I just reinstalled Cobian Backup 11 (I think I previously had it installed, but it does not seem to have been working in recent months). It completed the installation, and told me it had found 2 errors, and that I should inspect the installation log. It did not tell me how to do this, and I can't find it. How do I inspect this log?

Another niggle - when I tried to log into this support forum,. it told me that my username (from my previous use of Cobian Backup, a year of more ago) was illegal, It told me to try again (which I did, several times) and then told me to contact the Board Administrator. I tried to do this, and was told that the contact page for the board administrator had been disabled. My only way forward was to create a new account. I guess things have changed since I last used the ysstem, but that the new version does not fully take into account that people with old accounts may try to log in, maybe years later.

Thank you - Rowan
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Installing problems

Post by cobian »

The "log" is the text that is shown after the installation. Just scroll some lines up until you see the error text.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator