Second task not seeing changed files.

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
rnd

Second task not seeing changed files.

Post by rnd »

Hello.

I've got two tasks that backup the same drive. One hourly during daytime and one daily at the end of the day that stores data offsite.
Both tasks are differential. Both tasks use separated backups. The daily task is compressed and encrypted (7z).

The problem is the daily task that misses changes that have been done since it's last full backup. Unpacking that last full backup and comparing does show there are differences like totally new files. Adding a new file and manually "Run selected tasks" does detect the new file and a new backup is created.

So I wonder, how are files backed up being tracked? Since they use the same source do both tasks use the same one?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Second task not seeing changed files.

Post by cobian »

If both tasks are differential (not incremental) (which is not a good thing if there is no full backup as reference) then both tasks should be detecting the changes.

Are you forcing the clearing of the archive attribute of the file somehow?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
rnd

Post by rnd »

What I meant was backup type is set to differential. Both tasks have their own full backups to work from. The "Clear archive attribute"-property is Yes. Oh, wait, both tasks are also set to "Use file attribute logic". So with the same source each task clears the file archive bit after one backup making the other task not backing up that file again?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

For one of your tasks you need to unselect the Clear archive attribute in the Advanced tab.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
rnd

Post by rnd »

Thank you so much, then I understand.