Can't unzip backup archive Cobian Backup 11

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
evg

Can't unzip backup archive Cobian Backup 11

Post by evg »

Hi!
I make backup copies from two servers (zip-archive, without encryption), the versions of the program are the same. Recently, when opening any archive from one of the servers via 7-zip, I see only a small part of the files, although they are there, because when I open the same archive with Explorer, I see all the files, but when I try to copy them, I get an error 0x80004005. Unpacking with 7-zip also fails - "Error in headers. Unconfirmed start of archive." On both servers, the backup settings are the same, but the archives open perfectly from the second server. There are no errors in the Cobian Backup logs, it says that the backup was successfully completed. The only working option to get data from the archive is to use the unpacker built into the program, when using it, there are no errors and the files are working. P.S. when trying to unpack, different versions of 7-zip were used, as well as WinRar - the same problems.
Attachments
cobian.jpg
cobian.jpg (41.17 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Can't unzip backup archive Cobian Backup 11

Post by cobian »

Perhaps you are using zip64 with is not a standard everywhere yet? Try with Winzip or with the program's own decompressor.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
evg

Post by evg »

Own decompressor works, but it is not convenient when you need to extract only one file from a 100Gb archive, you have to unpack it completely. The same 7-zip allows you to easily pull out the necessary files without full unpacking. Until recently, he did an excellent job with these archives. It also perfectly opens archives from another server made by the same version of Cobian Backup with the same backup settings.

UPD: WinZip not working too
Attachments
wz.jpg
wz.jpg (10.38 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
Last edited by evg on 03 Feb 2023, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The decompressor is just for cases like these. The archives should in theory be 100% compatible with Winzip.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
evg

Post by evg »

copied an existing task in the program and changed the source path to a test folder with text files - the backup turned out to be broken too. Perhaps by example it will be possible to understand what is wrong
Attachments
test 2023-02-06 08;20;17 (Полный).zip
(522 Bytes) Downloaded 172 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

What options are selected at Options-Archive? Do you get the same problem with reflector?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
evg

Post by evg »

On several other servers I use reflector, I don't know how to correctly call the function in cobian backup in which it does not place archives in the cache and directly copies them to the backup directory, this is convenient when I try to archive 500Gb +, the reflector is before saving and moving the archive saves it on the same server, and it doesn't always have the same amount of free space, which is why I still use Cobian on some servers
Attachments
options2.jpg
options2.jpg (52.07 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
options.jpg
options.jpg (56.09 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
Last edited by evg on 07 Feb 2023, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Hmm.. perhaps OEM file names? I don't have the code for Gravity at this moment, but... perhaps this setting is causing some problem...
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
evg

Post by evg »

Disabling this setting did nothing. But after changing the compression type to 7-zip, the archives began to be quietly opened by the archiver, of course they have the .7z extension. I tried to change the compression back to zip - I got non-working archives again
Attachments
zip.jpg
zip.jpg (60.66 KiB) Viewed 3578 times