backup check

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
kataflan22

backup check

Post by kataflan22 »

Hello good afternoon, all right?

I'm Gustavo, I have some doubts...

I would like to know one thing, we have cobian installed on a server and with that each Virtual machine backs up several folders, where everything is forwarded to a separate FTP server that we use to store backups, but every day in the morning I need to take a good amount of time and check more than 600 folders manually one by one to see if all the files were backed up, there would be no event, script or any way for me to validate if all systems and folders were backed up comparing to the last backup made, or that it send me an email for all events that fail?

Please help me with this issue?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: backup check

Post by cobian »

The log file should tell you if there are some errors.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
kataflan22

Post by kataflan22 »

Good morning, follow answer...

I understand, yes, but I say that we send the backup to an FTP share where there are around 600 folders and inside each one 3 backups of 3 different systems are generated, then I need to access each one, one by one early in the morning to check if you made the 3 systems, is there a way in the events or in the crypts to help me validate these backups?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The problem is that the events are run on the local computer. The backups are in a remote one. Sounds to me that the easiest way should be to write a script that runs on the remote computer in order to automatize your work.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
kataflan22

Post by kataflan22 »

Yes, that's what I had in mind, but I don't know how to mount it, it would have to be something for validation where every day it validates if the 3 files were created in a certain folder, do you have something in mind on how to do this? because I'm not very good at scripts :/
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

No, this must be done at server side, not with the program which is running at the client side.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator