Toggle parked flag.

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
Tatone69

Toggle parked flag.

Post by Tatone69 »

Regards, sorry me for my bad english.
I have verified, when Cobian makes the first copy, this is always a complete type.
In the first complete copy, the park flag is changed to active, because it is the first copy.
The active-deactivated status flag parking, I understand, is used to delete or not delete the first task created.
Active, a red flag is displayed, the first task is not deleted.
Disabled, no red flag is displayed, the first task is deleted.
Suppose we set up a task with 5 copies of the differential type and create a new full copy after 5 copies of the differential type.
When the first task ends, it does not delete both the first complete copy and the other 5 differential copies.
Because the parking flag is active on that task.
Cobian creates a new copy of complete type and 5 others of differential type.
At the end of the task, it only deletes the second cycle of copies, the second copy of complete type and the second 5 copies of differential type.
The first loop is never deleted, it must be deleted manually by entering the destination folder, selecting the folders and deleting them.
Or when making the first full type copy, you need
select the task, click on history, select the name of the task, right click and click on enable-disable parking flag to disable it.
In this way, after the conclusion of the first task, it is deleted and does not have to be done manually.
I ask you if it is possible to do this automatically and not manually.
Thank you.
DMoRiaM

Re: Toggle parked flag.

Post by DMoRiaM »

Hi, Tatone69.

To my knowledge, the red flag is used if you want or need to archive a certain copy of a given backup. If you don't need, just remove the red flag and Cobian will take action the remove old backups as configured in the options.

Regards,

Marcelo
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Toggle parked flag.

Post by cobian »

The red flag indicates that the files created by the backup should never be deleted. Just a way to keep some backups safe.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator