SHUTDOWN turns it off: the server on which it saves the data or the PC from which I copy it?

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
Peo

SHUTDOWN turns it off: the server on which it saves the data or the PC from which I copy it?

Post by Peo »

Hi, I'm using Cobian Backup 11 Gravity.
I installed the program on a server to then make a safety backup of a user's files stored on his networked PC.
Once the backup is complete I would like to turn off the PC (leaving the server on, obviously)
If I use "Events after backup" and choose "Shutdown" what do I get?
A) I turn off the PC connected to the network (which I would like to do)
B) I turn off the Server (which I would NOT want to do)
Thanks in advance for the help.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: SHUTDOWN turns it off: the server on which it saves the data or the PC from which I copy it?

Post by cobian »

It will turn down the machine which is running the engine, i-e- the server in this case.

But you can turn your PC off directly and leave the server doing its work.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Peo

Re: SHUTDOWN turns it off: the server on which it saves the data or the PC from which I copy it?

Post by Peo »

But I would like to turn off the PC "automatically" after making the backup (so I can do it late at night, when no one is working for sure and there are no open files)... How can I do?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Just start the backup from the remote client. Whan the backup starts, close the PC manually. You don't need to wait for the backup to end on the server.-
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator