Cobian backup issue

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
louisearly

Cobian backup issue

Post by louisearly »

Hello guys,
I set up Cobian backup and set up a task to back up all of my data drive to an external hard drive (NTFS drive, via USB2.0 through a VIA USB3.0 card)

but the problem is once the back up starts, after a little bit the USB card will seem to turn itself off and the external drive will not be recognized by windows any more. if i restart my computer it comes back, until i try to run the back up again. The error i get in the Cobian log is "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any ideas?

Here are the settings I used on Cobian version 11(otherwise its on default):
Code:

Code: Select all

Use file attribute logic
Use Volume Shadow Copy
Incremental
Scheduled to run weekly every sunday
Normal Priority
make one full every 4 backups
Always create top parent directory
Clear Archive attribute
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Cobian backup issue

Post by cobian »

No idea. Check the event viewer to see if the OS can give you some more details.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Marcellus

Re: Cobian backup issue

Post by Marcellus »

louisearly wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 08:04 Hello guys,
I set up Cobian backup and set up a task to back up all of my data drive to an external hard drive (NTFS drive, via USB2.0 through a VIA USB3.0 card)

but the problem is once the back up starts, after a little bit the USB card will seem to turn itself off and the external drive will not be recognized by windows any more. if i restart my computer it comes back, until i try to run the back up again. The error i get in the Cobian log is "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any ideas?

Here are the settings I used on Cobian version 11(otherwise its on default):
Code:

Code: Select all

Use file attribute logic
Use Volume Shadow Copy
Incremental
Scheduled to run weekly every sunday
Normal Priority
make one full every 4 backups
Always create top parent directory
Clear Archive attribute
Apparently implies that there may be an issue with the USB card or its ability to interact with Cobian backup. Check to see if there are any driver updates available for the USB card. In addition, make sure the external drive is properly formatted and operating. Trying step by step may resolve the issue.