Cobian attempting to backup folders that don't exist

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
gcalvillo

Cobian attempting to backup folders that don't exist

Post by gcalvillo »

Since i upgraded to Cobian Reflector, I continue to have these errors in my backup:

ERR 2024-03-17 21:00:08 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Gil\Documents\My Music": (5) Access is denied: [C:\Users\Gil\Documents\My Music]
ERR 2024-03-17 21:00:08 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Gil\Documents\My Pictures": (5) Access is denied: [C:\Users\Gil\Documents\My Pictures]
ERR 2024-03-17 21:00:08 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Gil\Documents\My Videos": (5) Access is denied: [C:\Users\Gil\Documents\My Videos]

I have my explorer set to view Hidden items and these folders don't even exist. Although when i try to actually create any of these folders i get a warning asking if i want to merge with "Videos", "Pictures" or "Music". If i say yes, the item in that folder goes to c:\Users\(username)\Videos, or Pictures or Music and the one in the c:\users\(username)\Documents, goes away? So Cobian sees the folder and tries to back it up but access is denied. I cannot see any of those folders but cannot create a folder of those names inside of the Documents folder? Help Please?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Cobian attempting to backup folders that don't exist

Post by cobian »

Uncheck Options-Engine- Copy reparse points if it is checked.

All those three directories are typical reparse points in Windows, I think.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator