error message

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
nelvengaland

error message

Post by nelvengaland »

hi, please assist , I am getting this error every now and then : An unexpected network error occurred .the cobian task is scheduled to run everyday from one Pc to another Pc at 22h30 , both the computers and network switch run on an inverter backup system that does not fail, we have tested it a few times during power fail,It happens at random times during the backup and with random file/folders. I have change the win 10 update restart active
hours and ask the customer to restart both pc in he evening before the run starts. Tested the network ping times and network seems fine.Regards Louis
cobian
Site Admin

Re: error message

Post by cobian »

That's a litle hard to debug without making wild guesses. But is the Options-Engine- Prevent sleeping checked?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
nelvengaland

Post by nelvengaland »

Sorry for the late reply , Yes that option is cheked , the past two days backup run without any errors, it happens intermitaly
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:|
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
nelvengaland

Post by nelvengaland »

Morning , unfortunately the backup came up with the error again :( , The client has two laptops that backup every evening to a third desktop pc , the other laptop works fine without any errors , both laptops are on win 10 .Am I the only one with this error? Do you have a email I can sent the snip shot of error? I did add an attachment hope you can see it , Regards
Attachments
cobian error.jpg
cobian error.jpg (126.16 KiB) Viewed 7398 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I've seen this error on one disc that was about to fail. Not saying that this is the case here, but... An unexpected error is unexpected. The OS doesn't give any other info. Are those files perhaps in use by some other application at the time of the backup?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
nelvengaland

Post by nelvengaland »

Hi , the third pc is for file backup only , no one works on the 3rd pc , it is only cobain that backups the two laptops in the evening , every Friday, they make a backup from 3rd pc to an external drive.So no files or programs are open.
Although the two laptops share files between them, I had them restart the laptops before going home to prevent any files or programs to be open. If you think the hard drive , then it could be only on the laptop giving the errors , seeing that the other laptop backup without any errors.regards
nelvengaland

Post by nelvengaland »

Hi please see attached a new error that comes up with the unexpected error, " the directory is not empty " ,regards Louis
Attachments
cobianerror.jpg
cobianerror.jpg (118.47 KiB) Viewed 7363 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I would recommend to temporary set the log file to Verbose to se ALL operations that are going on. Perhaps you will get more information that way. Don't forget to set the log back to Normal when the backup is done.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
nelvengaland

Post by nelvengaland »

Thanks will try and keep you posted,