SSL/ TLS Windows Server 2019

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
Ranning112

SSL/ TLS Windows Server 2019

Post by Ranning112 »

Friends, hello to everyone! Please help me with this task! I can't set up an SSL FTP connection with my 2019 server. Without SSL, the connection passes, but as soon as you turn on SSL on the server, and set SSL settings in Cobian Backup, the connection disappears. Who can tell you? I'll be very grateful! Where can I read exactly about these settings? A certificate for SSL is installed on the server. Should it be transferred to Cobian? How does it work? The connection is not configured in any way!

These are SSL settings and my server's self-signed certificate. I just made it there. Does it need to be transferred to Cobian?

Image radikal jpg

And these are my Cobian SSL settings. Changed settings
differently, but the connection cannot be established. I'm asking for a lot of help!

Image радикал
Image радикал

:( :( :(

21 and 990 ports are open.

Delivered 990 port instead of 21 in Cobian copy settings. But now writes "Socket Error # 10060"

Friends, tell you what settings to show you - I will take a screenshot. I don't know where to dig, it feels like the server doesn't answer. But ports 21, 990 and on the router are also open in the firewall. He also opened 50000-50100 ports.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: SSL/ TLS Windows Server 2019

Post by cobian »

If you need a SSL certificate for your connection, you need to select it in your third picture (on Certificate). If no SSL certificate is needed then perhaps it's a problem with the firewall? Just guessing.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Ranning112

Post by Ranning112 »

Thanks for the answer! Where do I get the certificate? Do you want to export it from Windows Server 2019? I already did this, it didn't work out. What about filling in other fields in Cobian Bacup? in the second picture.
Paltus

Post by Paltus »

Good day.
What antivirus do you use?
Ranning112

Post by Ranning112 »

Kaspersky Internet Security. But when disabled, the same problem. Without SSL, it enters via FTP. I think there's a problem with the certificates. Has anyone worked with this? Do you want to create a domain certificate or a self-signed certificate there? It seems that you need to add AD roles :idea:
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The certificate pair should be created at the server. If the client must present a certificate you should copy the client certificate over to the client machine and select it on the settings. Often no client certificate is needed and the connection should succeed with no validation but this all depends on the server configuration.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Ranning112

Post by Ranning112 »

I installed a client FileZilla and it connects to my server. And Cobian does not want (((I was already tortured with settings. I want to work with Cobian, not FileZilla. but I can't! Help me, what parameters do I need to set???
This is authorization through FileZilla. My server, port 21. Next, the user login and password. And everything goes through SSL. The FileZilla certificate itself saw and asked if it could be trusted. I clicked yes.

Image радикал

And this shows that the connection is established!

Image радикал

And Cobian writes that SSL cannot be installed. But why?

Image радикал

Here are my Cobian settings. What else do I have to do? I'm ready for anything! :D

Image радикал

I would very much like to make you a donation if you help me solve the problem. If necessary, I can give remote access.
TeamViewer, AnyDesk, Ammyy Admin, or others.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

My suggestion is to wait for the next version's Beta (which should come out right after the summer) to see if it works with it. The current Gravity version is not of my property anymore and I will not make any changes to it.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator