I want to daily backup a folder to a local LAN server through ftp of type Incremental.
Every 30-th backup to be of Full type and keep 3 full copies at most along the time.
In the pattern like this:
- day 0 -> full backup
- day 1~29 -> incremental backup
- day 30 (first month end) -> full backup
- day 31~59 -> incremental backup
- day 60 (2nd month end) -> full backup
- day 61~89 -> incremental backup
- Then at day 90(3rd month end), delete all backups from day 0 to day 29, since we are going to make a new full copy and there are already 3 of them, and make a full backup
- day 91~119 -> incremental
- so on and so force...
I have already do some testing and the task configs are as follows:
- reduced the task to be execute every minute(btw originally to be daily as intended) so that I could check the result in the ftp server in advance
- make one full every ... SET 3 (30 originally)
- Full copies to keep SET 3
- Create separated backup using timestamps [CHECKED]
- Backup type Incremental [CHECKED]
But it seems that only the first backup is Full, all the following minutes' backups are incremental.
What should I do then, any helps are highly appreciated.