Backup history not ok on FTP

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
rwigger

Backup history not ok on FTP

Post by rwigger »

Hi,

I've come along something I can't explain.

I've setup a differential backup that will backup up to folder with settings below.
Make one full every: 2
Full copies to keep: 1
Differential copies to keep: 2

This results in 1 full backup and 2 differential backups. At the next round it starts with a new full backup and the old full backup (including the differential backups) will be deleted.
If I change 'Make one full every' to 3 then the result will be 1 full backup, 2 differential backups and at the next rounds there will be no more full backups, only differential. The oldest will be deleted, there's always 2 differential backups present. I would expect this setting to result in 1 full and 2 differential backups (issue 1).

When I change the backup job to backup to an FTP server instead of a folder (every 2, keep full 1, keep diff 2) then it starts with a full and 2 differential backups. After that it creates a new full backup, leaves the old full backup in place and removes the oldest differential backup. Finally it will end up with only 3 full backups where the first one never gets deleted. (issue 2)

I'd like to understand issue 1 and 2 and modify the job so that it works as I expect. Any help is appreciated.

Remko
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Backup history not ok on FTP

Post by cobian »

If I remember it correctly this was a problem with FTP backups back then... Really don't remember the cause now.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
rwigger

Post by rwigger »

Just installed Cobian Reflector and that seems to work as expected.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

8-)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator