Cobian Reflector Update

Questions about Cobian Reflector
joks

Cobian Reflector Update

Post by joks »

Is it possible to update the program using commands to .exe file ? or add auto-updates option ?
several computers are out of the office right now and I'm wondering how I can update remotely by issuing commands.
I found only options to check the new version but probably no auto-update option.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Cobian Reflector Update

Post by cobian »

You can create automated script with the setup and use it to make the installation easier. No auto-update is possible at the moment.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
joks

Post by joks »

I know about unattended installation option but installing the program in application mode not as service i must use 3 different scripts :/.
First script - the cobian installer must be run on admin account permission after setup is done cobian updates correctly but it starts not in the current user session (no cobian icon in taskbar) but in the admin session i found that using windows task monitor wondering why the program doesn't start after a successful update.
Second script i also must run with admin permissions to kill cobian reflector running exe in background.
third last script i use to start cobian reflector without admin permission and then it starts in user session and icon appears in taskbar.

when i install cobian as system services its very simple to update (i need only first script to run) but then are problems with uploading files to network drives :/ it would be ideal to add a background service for updates in the future then no matter what mode we run the program the service would take care of the update
Last edited by joks on 22 Feb 2023, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator