Getting started

Questions about Cobian Reflector
JohnGodfray

Getting started

Post by JohnGodfray »

I've just downloaded Cobian Reflector 0.9 as advised, to replace Cobian 11 Gravity which is being discontinued. I've copied it to my C drive but it seems the only action I can take is to uninstall it! How do I get started - by setting up a schedule for backup tasks? THis is quite a basic question, so I am sure there is an easy answer. I have Windows 10 on my Dell desktop computer.
Graham

Re: Getting started

Post by Graham »

JohnGodfray wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 14:36 How do I get started
The interface and operation of Reflector is very similar to Cobian Backup.

Afet the install of Cobian Reflector ... there should be a Reflector icon in the system tray at the bottom right of the screen ... Right click on the Reflector icon and select ... Open.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

You can import your old tasks by clicking on List- Import legacy list...
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
JohnGodfray

Post by JohnGodfray »

Unfortunately I tried that, but all I got was the Uninstall/Change option, with no Run option. I could attach a screenshot if you can give me an email address. Thanks, John G
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Use Attachments to attach a picture to your post here in the forum.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Graham

Post by Graham »

JohnGodfray wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 18:24 Unfortunately I tried that, but all I got was the Uninstall/Change option, with no Run option. I could attach a screenshot if you can give me an email address. Thanks, John G
What is the ... "that" ... that you tried ... Please try to provide a bit more detail describing what you are doing and what is being displayed on screen. Thanks.

If you look below the box where you type when posting to the forum ... you will see an ... "Attachments" ... tab ... Click the Attachments tab and you will see an ... "Add files" ... button. This will allow you to add screenshots that have been saved as files.
JohnGodfray

Post by JohnGodfray »

Here's the screenshot. I have got stuck at a very basic level. I would like to back up my C drive, i.e. documents and pictures in particular, which ideally should be only 2 clicks
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-10 17.12.33.png
Screenshot 2022-03-10 17.12.33.png (142.11 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

This is the control panel for uninstalling. The program must be open from the system tray.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
JohnGodfray

Post by JohnGodfray »

I have progressed a bit further and have managed to set up source files for My Documents and My Pictures, but can't work out how to set up a new destination drive on Windows 10. The old one was drive F which has now disappeared when I unistalled the previous Cobian. As you can see from my latest screenshot, this is no longer reocgnised.

Many thanks for your continuing attention.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-14 18.50.06.png
Screenshot 2022-03-14 18.50.06.png (155.69 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Is the destination F: a network drive?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator