Error : cant delete folder because read only

Questions about Cobian Reflector
antho

Error : cant delete folder because read only

Post by antho »

Hi,
I setup a manual backup task but I always get this error :
"An error occurred while checking for mirror changes: (6009) Le fichier spécifié est en lecture seulement: "

Full english traduction : (original error is partially english/french)

"An error occurred while checking for mirror changes: (6009) Specified file is read only: "

I setup reflector to be running as a service, and activated the mirror backup option. (I know this is not recommend, but it is better for my workflow, in case of a standard recovery, to just have my project as it was, and not a mess of partial/incremental/duplicated files and folders everywhere.)

So what happen is : when I delete a folder in my original project, and then later do a reflector backup, it delete the files in the old backed folder version, but then can' delete the empty folder itself and throw this error. I tried to check users permission parameters and folders attributes with my windows but my knowledge is very limited.
So I end up manually deleting the remaining empty folders in the backed version after each backup.

[edit :
cobian reflector 0.9.94.RC1
windows 10 20H2 KB501487]

great software by the way :OK
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Error : cant delete folder because read only

Post by cobian »

Is the destination on the network or is this a local disk?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
antho

Post by antho »

cobian wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 16:11 Is the destination on the network or is this a local disk?
Sorry for the lack of context, this is all local (destination is usb stick), to save an Unity project that was versioned with git, and was also sync with google drive. (not anymore git and drive, now only backed with reflector.)
[edit]
I add that on my windows, all my folders have the "read only" square checkbox on, and this can not be changed. Maybe not related but this is confusing me.
read only square toggle on everywhere
read only square toggle on everywhere
Capture read only all folders.JPG (73.12 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Last edited by antho on 25 Mar 2022, 19:46, edited 3 times in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Interesting- But the sources are not read only?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
antho

Post by antho »

cobian wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 21:59 Interesting- But the sources are not read only?
I confirm sources are NOT read only.