backup not running

Questions about Cobian Reflector
bobhearn123

backup not running

Post by bobhearn123 »

I have just installed Reflector. I am running as a service. The manual backups seem to be perfect. I have set up a daily backup at 7:30 pm. Last night and tonight, right above the history list, is next backup ~ 7:30.00 PM. 7:30 came and went and nothing happened. What is the issue preventing the backup from running?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: backup not running

Post by cobian »

Perhaps the computer was asleep?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
bobhearn123

Post by bobhearn123 »

So, what you are saying is that for a backup to run, the computer not only has to be powered on, but not asleep. Correct? I don't use my computer that much; hence, I should probably rely on manual backups.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

You can also program your computer to wake up, say, 2 minutes before the backup is set to start. This can be done in the task scheduler app included with Windows.-

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-schedu ... -each-day/
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
wmp1947

Post by wmp1947 »

In "Engine settings" there is an option to "Prevent sleep". With the previous version there was never a need to create a task in task scheduler as Cobian seemed to keep the computer awake to run the task. Is this no longer the case with Reflector?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes, the same is valid. The computer should not get asleep while backing up. But it will get asleep when the program is idle .
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator