Extra folder in path

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Ruben

Extra folder in path

Post by Ruben »

We use Cobain Reflector 1.0.0 to automatically send files from an on-premise server to an ftp server.
I head a question about the application.

The location on the server is \\application\jobs\FTP We will place the files on the ftp server on this location: root\application.
I have configure that in the application. But the application place the files in root\FTP\application. What setting should we use to make sure the application doesn't put the extra FTP folder in between the path?

With a task the other way we have the same problem. The files come from the FTP server and are placed on our on-premise server. Even then, the program will add an extra folder. So, the same applies to this. How can we prevent the automatic creation of the extra folder?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Extra folder in path

Post by cobian »

Try disabling the Always create top parent folder for your task.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Ruben

Post by Ruben »

Thanks for your answer. This is the solution.
Ruben

Post by Ruben »

Maybe i have to make a new topic for this question;

I have install Cobain Reflector as a Service. The service (Cobian Reflector Engine) is Running as SYSTEM. When i make the backup the log give the massage "Can't change the Archive Attributes Access Deinid".
When i Run the Cobian Reflector Engine as Administrator the Archive attributes change correct.

Is there an option to give the System the rights to change the attribute?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

This must be done at a file system level. Give the needed permissions to the source for System.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Ruben

Post by Ruben »

The SYSTEM "user" have full control on files and folders. i can't give the service or the SYSTEM higher permissions.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Then there shouldn't be any problems?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Ruben

Post by Ruben »

No. SYSTEM head already Full control on the files and folders. Higher permissions than full control isn't possible.
Ruben

Post by Ruben »

It's not a problem it's a think that i not expected. You can read in post #4 what the question is.
When i start the service as SYSTEM than Cobain Reflector give the "error" attributes not change Acces deneid.
maurodom

Post by maurodom »

Maybe you could run Cobian Reflector with administrator privileges by assigning him "Run as administrator" and ".. for all users" properties.
Attachments
CobianReflector-Run_as_administrator.jpg
CobianReflector-Run_as_administrator.jpg (279.91 KiB) Viewed 2386 times