Installation of V.1

Questions about Cobian Reflector
BAleiHi

Installation of V.1

Post by BAleiHi »

Hello,
I just installed V1.0 over my previous 0.9.99RC1. Installation went smoothly, as if all were well. I watched the uninstall, update. Clean.
At the end, no Cobian icon in the icon tray (Windows 10). Tried to run Cobian Reflector Main Application from the Start Menu. Message says Application Already Running. Icon tray has a red Cobian icon.
So I tried running Cobian Reflector User Interface. I get a white and red Cobian icon in the icon tray. I try to open the white icon. Response to a right click is very slow. Finally I see the Cobian menu and Open it. Message at the bottom says "Engine Not Found". Can't seem to get it to start correctly.
Something similar has happened in all my previous updates...just can't remember the fix. Do I have to stop the service somehow before I do the install? Can I recover this install somehow, or do I need to start from scratch? If so, what step am I missing before running the crSetup file? I'm baffled.
Thanks
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Installation of V.1

Post by cobian »

If the program is installed as an application you should run the Cobian Reflector Application.exe. If as a service then yes, the user interface is the one to start.

No idea about what could have gone wrong with the installer though.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator