Scheduled backups not occurring

Questions about Cobian Reflector
pvp

Scheduled backups not occurring

Post by pvp »

Hello
I've noticed an issue with Reflector in that my scheduled backups are sometimes not happening. I have Reflector set up to create a backup of several folders every day at 5:30pm. I have also selected the option to run missed backups although my computer is normally on anyway at that time of the day. For the compression type I've selected 'Global monolithic archive' which I understand is not recommended but I am only backing up local folders and so this should be OK (?). Each backup is a full backup and I keep a total of 14 backups.

Looking at the attached screenshot of the destination files, you can see that quite a few days have been missed. Can anyone shed any light on why these backups are being missed and/or what I can do about it?

CR starts automatically with Windows (Win10 Pro, 21H2) and is running as a service.
Attachments
Reflector2.PNG
Reflector2.PNG (14.21 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Scheduled backups not occurring

Post by cobian »

Perhaps the computer is on, but asleep at the needed time?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
pvp

Post by pvp »

Yes, this (computer being asleep) is possible but if so, Reflector is not honouring running missed backups.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Missed backups are triggered once a hour if I remember it correctly.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
pvp

Post by pvp »

Thanks Luis. I understand that it may take a little tine for a missed backup to be triggered, however as you'll note from the image in my original post, there are gaps of several days when no backup has occurred and my computer was definitely on for more than an hour each day. Strange.
Anyway, I've deleted and re-created the task and so far (three days) all seems to be well. That is, scheduled backups are occurring :) .
Thanks for your help and for developing this program :APP
Paul vP
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator