Accessing folders with different credentials

Questions about Cobian Reflector
brczkb

Accessing folders with different credentials

Post by brczkb »

Dear Luis, Perfect job with Reflector (and all Cobian Backups in the past)! However switching from Gravity I'm facing following problem. I'm running Reflector v1.0 as application, under Win 10 Pro. In first case I'm doing backup of a Linux network drive (folder) to the Windows machine, in second case making backup of some folders on Windows machine to Linux based network drive (NAS). I'm accessing both network drives from the windows machine with different credentials, i.e. Linux accounts differ to the Windows one. Under Windows File Explorer it works smoothly, you define the credentials for Linux folders once and you're done. It's working smoothly even with Cobian 11 Gravity, but not with Reflector. Linux folder cannot be accessed. I know about the option to run Reflector as a different user. But it's not helping in this case, my Linux users are not defined on Windows machine. Is there any possibility in Reflector to set it up? Of course, I can set the same user for all devices / folders, but that is not what I want. Thx a lot! Karel
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Accessing folders with different credentials

Post by cobian »

Doesn't the Impersonation option on the task work?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
duellus

Post by duellus »

Também estou com mesmo problema, utilizava o Cobian 11 e instalei o Reflector porém ao fazer o backup copia para meu NAS porém as pastar aparecem com erro. Se entrar nas pastas pela pasta compartilhada tudo aparece inclusive as pastar que estavam dando erro.
brczkb

Post by brczkb »

Thx for this hint. Long story short - it works. Both cases - from and to Linux drive.
It was my fault - when starting Reflector services, I've used Local system account, not a Regular account. When Regular account is used, access to Linux drives with different credentials defined previously via Windows (File Explorer) is known to Reflector as well (I assume Reflector is using same services). There is no need to play with impersonation in this case, everything runs like a charm.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator