Unable to backup from Google Drive

Questions about Cobian Reflector
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Unable to backup from Google Drive

Post by cobian »

Si estan descargadas y no en la nube solamente, entonces funcionan los incrementales tambien.

Saludos
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
rlemos

Post by rlemos »

El incremental nunca aumenta de 0 bytes, y no actualiza los archivos nuevos, porque será? No informa ningún error!. Muchas gracias.
rlemos

Post by rlemos »

Cada vez que quiero hacer incremental me sucede lo siguiente, este es un ejemplo:

2022-11-18 12:39:11 ** Ficheros procesados: 3. Ficheros respaldados: 0. Carpetas creadas: 0. Tamaño del respaldo: 0 bytes. **

El programa está corriendo como apliación. Muchas gracias.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Existen ficheros que han sido modificados? Trata de usar el metodo que noes de atributo de archivos (el de fechas).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
philsward

Post by philsward »

There is a workaround for this. I detailed it in a blog which may or may not let me post the link since I just registered and this is my only post:

https://www.thewichitacomputerguy.com/b ... tor-backup

Long story short, you can use Robocopy to make a copy of the files you want to backup. The source is the Google G: drive and the destination is a temp folder you set up for the copy. This is done in the Cobian tasks Events tab -> Pre-backup event

Point the Cobian task to backup the temp folder instead of the G: Drive folder. It works flawlessly.

Next, optional, use the Post-backup event to delete the temporary files and make it clean for the next run.

Outside of learning how to use Robocopy, it's pretty straightforward.

Example:

Code: Select all

robocopy /E "G:\My Drive\{Files/Folder to copy}" "C:\G Drive Backup\tmp"
One thing to note, I only tested this by making the files that were copied from G: Drive as Offline copies instead of "Stream Only" copies. I have no idea if the streamed copies will copy over. In theory, they should but... It's Google.