Reflector reinstallation fails

Questions about Cobian Reflector
highroute

Reflector reinstallation fails

Post by highroute »

I had a problem after installing Reflector 1.1.2 (v 1.1.1 appeared not to have been uninstalled). I tried to uninstall and reinstall. I am now trying to install v1.1.3. I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I am trying to install as an application, autostart for all users, under the local system account, with the Volume Shadow Copy requester. I get as far as the message "Starting the installation...Uninstalling the existing instance of the program...". After a few seconds, another line of text appears, but the entire dialog box disappears too quickly for me to read it, and no installation occurs. I have rebooted multiple times. Control Panel|Programs and Features|Uninstall or Change a Program shows nothing named Cobian or Reflector. Task Manager shows no app or process named Cobian or Reflector. C:\Program Files contains a Cobian Reflector folder which I have renamed. AppData\Local contains a CobianSoft folder which I have renamed.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Reflector reinstallation fails

Post by cobian »

Just delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CobianSoft\Cobian Reflector and try again.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
highroute

Re: Reflector reinstallation fails

Post by highroute »

:OK That registry edit solved the problem. Thank you.