bug in the run line

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Todd

bug in the run line

Post by Todd »

CobianReflector-1.1.3.exe

Bug viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206&p=5489#p5489 especially makes the follow annoying.

I have found that "execute and Wait" has a bug in it. If the parameters has a leading space at the front of the string, the parameters are ignored or the program does not run, I can not tell which. Removing the space and happy camping returns.

This is the specific command I an having issues with:

Execute and wait: "C:\Program Files\Rakudo\bin\raku.exe" C:\NtUtil\CobianWrapper.pl6 --rotates 20 --backup_path BACKUP]\MyDocsBackup\backup1

When I copy and paste the parameters, if I forget and copy the leading space to the parameter's line, nothing happens (not even the shell which Raku runs in [it might happen to fast to be seen]). I CONSTANTLY have to trouble shoot this issue.

Would you please consider placing a "trim" when reading in the parameter string:

$ raku -e 'say trim " abc";'
abc

$ raku -e 'say trim Q| C:\NtUtil\CobianWrapper.pl6 --rotates 20 --backup_path [BACKUP]\MyDocsBackup\backup1|;'
C:\NtUtil\CobianWrapper.pl6 --rotates 20 --backup_path [BACKUP]\MyDocsBackup\backup1

Many thanks,
-T
cobian
Site Admin

Re: bug in the run line

Post by cobian »

Hmm... Perhaps, but I'm not really sure. I will think about the possible consequences for version 2.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Todd

Post by Todd »

cobian wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 19:39 Hmm... Perhaps, but I'm not really sure. I will think about the possible consequences for version 2.
Maybe when v1 sees the leading space, it thinks there is nothing to run ?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Exactly. a space is a separator, so the actual file name is passed as a second parameter. Surrounding it by quotes should work. " parameter"
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Todd

Post by Todd »

`C:\NtUtil\CobianWrapper.pl6` does not need quotes. ("Program Files" would though.)

On another install, I forgot to install a library my program needs. A black box popped up and died almost instantly. With this problem, the space in the front, you get nothing, so I do not believe the call is even made.

On another issue, "command line" does not work at all.
Last edited by Todd on 31 Jan 2023, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I will change this behavior for version 2.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator