Desktop shortcuts to batch files won't back up

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Fretnot

Desktop shortcuts to batch files won't back up

Post by Fretnot »

I installed crSetup-1.1.5.exe on Windows 10 and created my first backup. I selected several desktop shortcuts to batch files and desktop shortcuts to PowerShell scripts that are located in my Profile user folder. Cobian Reflector did not backup the desktop shortcuts, instead it selected the original batch files which are located in another folder. I already backed up the original batch files, but I also want to backup the desktop shortcuts I created. It won't backup the desktop shortcuts I created.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Desktop shortcuts to batch files won't back up

Post by cobian »

Is Options - Engine - Copy symbolic links selected?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Fretnot

Post by Fretnot »

Yes, "Copy symbolic links" was selected by default and I double checked and it is still enabled.

I am able to copy the desktop shortcut only when I select "add directory" from the source. When I select "add file" from the source is when I am unable to copy the desktop shortcut.

When I "add file" it adds the file as "batch.cmd" When I view the file in another program it recognizes the shortcut as "batch.lnk" I tried to change the file extension in the Cobian Reflector edit option, but it would not allow the change.
Last edited by Fretnot on 09 Nov 2022, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

For me it does the opposite: it copies always the shortcut. Will check this out for version 2.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator