one compressed file

Questions about Cobian Reflector
sorin

one compressed file

Post by sorin »

Hi all!

I'm having the following issue.
I'm using a PC with Cobian Reflector to create a backup from a web server (FTPS connection type) to a NAS (SMB connection type) and I want that the result will be 1 compressed zip file.

In the old Cobian backup the task run as follows: the directory structure from FTP connection was downloaded on the PC in a temp directory, then it was compressed in one single file and after that it was transferred on my NAS & deleted from the temp location.
In Cobian Reflector on the task's Archive tab it is only the "Global monolithic archive" option but unfortunately this is working only with local sources, so this option has no effect on my FTP source connection, so the result on my destination NAS is the entire structure uncompressed.

It is another method to achive this compression as before?... I mean, as it works in Cobian Backup?

Thank you!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: one compressed file

Post by cobian »

Hello!

Not available yet. Perhaps for version 2.5.

Regards
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
sorin

Post by sorin »

ok, I managed to found a workaround meanwhile

Made a first task that copies the files from FTP server into a local path and in the post-backup events this task triggers a second task that make a global monolithic archive, put the archive on my NAS and in the post-backup evens delete the source's content.
In case someone have the same issue.
Looking forward for v2.5+ :)

Best regards,
Sorin
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

That's a solution. In your second task you can delete the source automatically with a Post backup event if you want to delete the local copy.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator