FTP/SFTP connection error on IP change

Questions about Cobian Reflector
TheMrGingerbread

FTP/SFTP connection error on IP change

Post by TheMrGingerbread »

Hello. I have such a problem with FTP/SFTP backup. When I change the IP address of the server, or change the FTP/SFTP password, I get errors removing extra copies. That is, the connection itself is functioning properly (test file is successfully created and archive is successfully uploaded to the server), but at attempt to remove extra copies the log displays error "Failed to connect to old_ip_addres" or "Invalid password".

Re-creating tasks from scratch helps... But it's not the best option when there are a lot of tasks. Version is Reflector 1.1.4-1.1.5, but the problem is present for a long time, since Gravity 11.

May be I searched badly on forum and similar problem was already discussed... In that case I will be grateful at least for the link to the right topic.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: FTP/SFTP connection error on IP change

Post by cobian »

That's right. The connection status used when the backup is done is stored in the history. If the password is changed it won't change in the history. Don't see an easy way to solve this.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
TheMrGingerbread

Post by TheMrGingerbread »

cobian wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 18:56 That's right. The connection status used when the backup is done is stored in the history. If the password is changed it won't change in the history. Don't see an easy way to solve this.
Well, thanks. I guess the algorithm of the problem is in the work of the program. Many thanks for the answer.

Could you tell me whether there are plans to fix this mechanism? Or maybe it is fixed in 2.0+?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

No, it's not fixed as I don't see any good solution for this issue.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator