FTP problem

Questions about Cobian Reflector
piter2

FTP problem

Post by piter2 »

Hi, I am using the latest version of Reflector.
I'm having trouble uploading a copy to an FTP server. For small files, no problem. However, when the file is large and its sending lasts longer than 5 minutes, the transmission is interrupted. I have an error in the logs: "The deleted object could not be accessed. Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.Socket'." The case is solved by enabling the option keep active during the transfer, but unfortunately such files are damaged (they cannot be unpacked).

log fragment:
2023-02-12 22:05:35 I logged into the remote server.
ERR 2023-02-12 22:10:38 An error occurred while uploading the file....
Each time it is 5 minutes and a few seconds.

FTP Server: Proftpd, SSL/TLS, passive behind NAT. Fillezila or Total Commander connect to the same server from the same machine without any problem and send large files without any problem, regardless of time.

Any ideas?

Regards
cobian
Site Admin

Re: FTP problem

Post by cobian »

Change the keep alive value from the Advanced tab of your FTP connection.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
piter2

Post by piter2 »

I changed the option "Keep alive interval...." on 30000. Without result. The issue still exists. And it appears at the same time 5 minutes and a few seconds.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Is Keep alive transfer checked?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
piter2

Post by piter2 »

If this option is enabled, the file transfer is successful and the transmission is not interrupted. However, this file as a 7z archive is not openable. The archive is corrupted.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I see
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
rccenteno

Post by rccenteno »

piter2 wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 07:01 If this option is enabled, the file transfer is successful and the transmission is not interrupted. However, this file as a 7z archive is not openable. The archive is corrupted.
Hi,
Have you tested with .ZIP? I used .ZIP Compression and sent large files with no problems. I decided to switch to .7z and I seem to have the same problem as you. I'm still analyzing.

[]´s
rccenteno

Post by rccenteno »

Choosing .ZIP compression works. But if you need to split the files, like I do, you'll have problems with .7z.
It seems to be a bug indeed.
rccenteno

Post by rccenteno »

My case:
I changed all tasks to .7z compression as I need to use the SPLIT option in some routines (Reflector only allows this with .7z).
There is a problem uploading large files via FTP using .7z compression.
This problem doesn't happen when using .ZIP.
I'm going to reconfigure the tasks to .ZIP. until the problem is resolved. No problem.
I also have some errors when opening large .ZIP files but I solve this by opening them with the 7zip software.
piter2

Post by piter2 »

I checked. It works using ZIP works. Unfortunately, ZIP lacks speed and filename encryption.