FTP problem

Questions about Cobian Reflector
rccenteno

Re: FTP problem

Post by rccenteno »

rccenteno wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 21:37 My case:
I changed all tasks to .7z compression as I need to use the SPLIT option in some routines (Reflector only allows this with .7z).
There is a problem uploading large files via FTP using .7z compression.
This problem doesn't happen when using .ZIP.
I'm going to reconfigure the tasks to .ZIP. until the problem is resolved. No problem.
I also have some errors when opening large .ZIP files but I solve this by opening them with the 7zip software.
Hi Luis,
Any news on this split with .7z and FTP upload question, Luis @cobian?
Congratulations on your work once again.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Have tested on my VsFTPD and it seems to work, Will test on other kinds of servers.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
SFSoft

Post by SFSoft »

where I had the problem of the 7z corrupted after the FTP upload I thought I had solved it with the ZIPs only because I had no error in opening them, however they were very slow to read the archives, then trying to extract them I verified that the ZIPs are also corrupted, the some bytes are missing at the end like the 7z in fact the last 1-2 files cannot be extracted. so it's just an FTP upload problem under some circumstances that I couldn't isolate in the various tests. on other NAS the same the FTP upload works, on some it doesn't work and corrupts the archives by closing them shortly before the end
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I wonder if this happens with any other file as well (non-compressed)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator