Disable or exclude source files without deleting them?

Questions about Cobian Reflector
ITAlan

Disable or exclude source files without deleting them?

Post by ITAlan »

Is there a way to easily disable/exclude selected files/folders within the source files list? I could enter them into the Exclude list, but if I want to do some quick testing or modifications, its better than deleting and re-entering them from Source.

Thanks!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Disable or exclude source files without deleting them?

Post by cobian »

Hmm... don't think there is an easy way to achieve that.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
ITAlan

Post by ITAlan »

Thanks for the confirmation. Any possibility of adding a checkbox feature to enable/disable each file? 8-) Thanks!
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

As far as I know there is no standard windows dialog that allows this, so the dialog must be created from scratch. Surely doable, but will take some time and efforts.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
ITAlan

Post by ITAlan »

Indeed, it would require a good bit of code to implement and manage all of that. I appreciate your feedback.
ira

Post by ira »

I assume you're using something with .net and using a list box for that display. If that's true, can't you just change it to a checked list box. It's gets you checks, but then I assume it requires a fair amount of work behind it so it both saves the checks and respects them during a backup.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
leorasy

Post by leorasy »

Some integrated development environments (IDEs) or text editors have features to exclude files or folders from being part of the active project without physically deleting them. For instance, in Visual Studio Code, you can right-click on a file or folder in the file explorer and select "Exclude" or "Remove Folder from Workspace" to achieve this.
stumble guys
Mikasa

Post by Mikasa »

Yes, there is. Instead of manually entering them into the Exclude list each time you want to exclude them temporarily,fnf you can use a toggle approach.
cormiercamilla

Post by cormiercamilla »

It is possible to prevent files and directories from being used in the current project without removing them entirely using the appropriate functionality of some text editors and integrated development environments (IDEs). To do so with Visual Studio Code, for instance, right-clicking a file or folder in the file explorer and selecting "Exclude" or "Remove Folder from Workspace" will do the trick.