Need explanation of log file email logic and why seeing 16 errors using the %ERRORS param

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Dagremote

Need explanation of log file email logic and why seeing 16 errors using the %ERRORS param

Post by Dagremote »

Greetings:
I used the old Cobian many years ago and recall this same issue but now it's bugging me. Wondering why I'm getting all log files for all jobs when I enable emailing. Thinking that only the job log for the job that just ran should be in the email. I see an option to delete the logs after email, but this seems dangerous in that my only copy of said log is in an email. I think in the past I had a .BAT file scheduled task that moved logs to a folder for safety - cannot recall.

Also, I stole the email subject below from an older forum post and it works, but I get the value of "16" in each email for %ERRORS. I'm guessing the number is coming from one of the older logs that keeps getting added as an attachment but it defineately not in the job that just finished.

*** Email subject params:
Cobian Backup [Errors: %ERRORS] (%COMPUTERNAME) - %TASKNAME

P.S. Years ago, I used your app without ever contributing. Always appreciated it. I just made a donation and wanted to say thanks. It's nice to see this app still around. It has changed but it felt so familiar.

Thanks.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Need explanation of log file email logic and why seeing 16 errors using the %ERRORS param

Post by cobian »

1. I backup my log files as well, then I can delete them after the backup.

2. Yes, it comes from old logs but you can select the option "Check for errors in latest file only"
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator