Access Denied

Questions about Cobian Reflector
gcalvillo

Access Denied

Post by gcalvillo »

For some reason i am getting an access denied error on folders that don't exist in C:\username\Documents. For example the My Music, My Pictures and My Videos all have this error. The message states that "An error occurred while listing the contents of the directory.

I have turned ON my "Show Hidden Files" and they don't show up, however when i try to create a folder My Music or My Pictures or My Videos, i get a message stating that the folder already exists????? When i select Yes to merge, nothing happens.

Not sure what to do. Please help.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Access Denied

Post by cobian »

These may be Reparsing points. Uncheck the "Ignore reparsing points" in the Options/Engine tab.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
gcalvillo

Post by gcalvillo »

it is unchecked and this continues to happen. There are no such physical folders inside of my documents folder that match the folder path that is giving me the error. I even selected "show hidden folders" and still nothing.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

This you are describing is a "problem" with Windows, not with Reflector.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
sfmansp

Post by sfmansp »

Seems to be somewhat a catch-22. I was having issues with files getting ignored because they were deemed reparsing points so I took the advice from this forum to turn "ignore reparsing points" on which fixed the problem. Now I'm getting the "access denied" messages. Most but not all are empty, including My Music and My Videos, within the Documents folder. Not sure what the answer is.