BUG/ERROR in archiving: zero-size files!

Questions about Cobian Reflector
FlumenSV

BUG/ERROR in archiving: zero-size files!

Post by FlumenSV »

Hello!

I have been a long time user of Cobian Backup (CB) and because all this time it worked flawlessly, I was a bit reluctant of switching to Cobian Reflector (CR). But several days ago I finally tried CR, but being suspicious of a new code, I left CB running besides CR. I've set up both to run side by side without interfering.

I was a bit surprised when I saw all archives created by CR small in size, compared to what CB created. For an example, while a certain archive created by CB was ~4GB in size, one created by CR was only ~300KB! When I opened the archive, all the files and folders were in the archive, but they were all zero-sized.

When setting up CR, I tried to copy settings from CB as much as possible, I don't think I missed something, but there is a possibility?
Both of them are copying stuff from a Synology NAS to a local disks, creating non-solid 7zip archives for each job, using LZMA method, with multithreading option enabled. Filenames are not encrypted.

Anyways, I tried to play with settings, particularly Archive settings, and found out something interesting:
  • creating zip archive produces no errors, no matter what other options are set
  • creating 7zip archive while using multithreading and LZMA/LZMA2 methods leads to the zero-files error
  • creating 7zip archive while using multithreading and PPMD method creates no errors
  • creating 7zip archive while not using multithreading creates no errors, no matter what method used
  • Encrypt file names and Solid archives make no difference
CB with above combinations works without any problems, so it seems there is a bug in the archiving code of CR!? :?

Cheers!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: BUG/ERROR in archiving: zero-size files!

Post by cobian »

Are CR and CB using the same sources AND incremental/differential? If so they may be taking each other out.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
FlumenSV

Re: BUG/ERROR in archiving: zero-size files!

Post by FlumenSV »

Nope. Problem persists even after CB was uninstalled.