Files: 493,787
Folders 1,529.155

Is there anything I can do ?

Kind Reagrds
Adam
BDisp

Re: backups dont get deleted

Post by BDisp »

Well, even with local backup to an external usb disk and "Prevent sleeping" enabled, it take to long time to be deleted, about nine hours to a backup with 150 GB, after the backup is finished. I think that only with a force delete option, running on a script or if the API allow to force delete, it's possible to agile this routine, because a external usb disk doesn't needs to be indexed. My vote for this option. Thanks.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The only fast way to delete so many files in a FTP connection is using compression (global monolithic).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BDisp

Post by BDisp »

Maybe I discovered what is causing the bigger backup of 150 GB get to long to be deleted. I use two tasks, one to backup the 150 GB from one disc and another for a smaller backup from another disc. On the bigger task I set on the events after backup, the smaller task. When the first task has finish then starts the second task. When the second task finish it writes to the log "The computer can now go to sleep." without the real old backup of the first task had being deleted.
I think that the background tasks are awaited and thus writes to the log the returned result. In this case if the "Prevent sleep" is enabled and there still have background tasks waiting for finish, then the computer mustn't go to sleep.
Sorry if I'm wrong.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The deletion is taking place at the background. If the computer goes to sleep then the deletion is aborted.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BDisp

Post by BDisp »

How can I prevent the computer goes to sleep? Before on the "Cobian Backup" the computer never goes to sleep when I checked the "Prevent go to sleep". So I think that is controlled by the application. What do you suggest? Thanks.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Options/Enngine/Prevent sleeping
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BDisp

Post by BDisp »

I already have "Options/Enngine/Prevent sleeping" set a long time but doesn't prevent it to sleep I think. I have Windows 11 Version 23H2.
When it start the long task it write into the log "Preventing the computer enter in sleep mode" but when the task end it write to the log "The computer can now enter in sleep mode" without waiting for the deleting background task to being finished.
Last edited by BDisp on 23 Nov 2023, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I see.. Yes the files are deleted in another thread....

This will be changed on version 3.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BDisp

Post by BDisp »

Great. Thank you very much.