FTP upload problem

Questions about Cobian Reflector
loncic

FTP upload problem

Post by loncic »

I created backup task to backup entire folder to monolitic archive and store it locally and on the ftp location. It has been running for several months without errors. Than i needed one of created backups and downloaded it from FTP only to realize it is useless, 7z reports "Can't open file xxx as archive. Error: Unexpected end of data". I tested several more archives with 7z and other archive utility with same result.Strangely not all archives from FTP location are bad, some of them can be opened, but very few, most of them are corrupted. I tested locally stored archives as well, all of them are usable, without errors, so it seems problem is not in archiving, but in sending archive to ftp location.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: FTP upload problem

Post by cobian »

What kind of server is being used?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
SFSoft

Post by SFSoft »

Same issue, on two different offices

uploading via FTP generates corrupted 7z archives, some upload correctly while others don't

local copies are correct instead
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

What kind of server is being used?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
SFSoft

Post by SFSoft »

in my case I copy to a qnap NAS that has its own internal ftp server, in two offices I have this problem while on a third one I also copy to a qnap NAS instead the ftp upload works

where i have that corrupted 7z problem i switched to zip archives and it seems that the problem is gone, so it seems to be just limited to 7z archives and FTP upload but i can't isolate the cause because it seems to be random where i have the problem
SFSoft

Post by SFSoft »

I noticed another anomaly in the place where those corrupted 7z came out after the FTP upload, using the ZIP archive it seems that the error is gone but if I then go to open them it takes a long time to read the contents and it seems that I have to read everything to see what's inside, in fact, the bigger the archive, the longer it takes, instead where I've never had the problem of corrupted 7z, if I use ZIP archives, it opens them to me right away.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The files are compressed locally on the temporary directory so it shouldn't matter if it's a zip or a 7z archive. :|
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator