How to compare the filters of tasks?

Questions about Cobian Reflector
GiacomoGo

How to compare the filters of tasks?

Post by GiacomoGo »

Curious whether anyone has a straightforward way to compare the filters of tasks?

In backup 11 (gravity) I could easily compare the Filter settings of tasks. This was somewhat more straightforward for me than comparing the strings in the Properties tab of the UI.

In reflector, MainList structure is different and filters are encoded as references, so it's a bit more cumbersome to compare task settings, and the Properties UI tab only summarized # of inclusions and exclusions.

So what's my use case?
  • I run 2 related tasks, that should match on File, Event and Filter settings:
    • mirror task - only current files
    • cumulative task - non-mirror backup
I like this approach because the mirror backup is what I want after a hardware failure - to restore current files first. Over the years, Cobian Backup has completely save me after several household pc harddrive and motherboard failures. :APP :APP :APP

Then I still have those noisy, non-mirror backups that store every file that ever existed at some point on my pc (including duplicates are moves, renames, etc). I've never needed to recover a prior version of a file at home, but often a doc that I no longer considered necessary at some point.

File settings I can easily compare in the UI Properties tab.
Filter settings are now awkward.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: How to compare the filters of tasks?

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
daniellieu

Re: How to compare the filters of tasks?

Post by daniellieu »

Thank you for sharing good solution :OK
Last edited by daniellieu on 22 Aug 2023, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.