Moving windows to ssd gone kinda wrong

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Jrio

Moving windows to ssd gone kinda wrong

Post by Jrio »

I have attempted to try to move windows to ssd and I’m not so sure what I have done wrong. Please be nice to me as I am new. Initially, my windows was downloaded in my C drive as I have not yet bought an ssd at the time of when I built my pc, it was only about a month ago that I bought my ssd as booting windows was really slow for me. From what I have read online, I needed to make a backup for my c drive just in case something went wrong when moving my Windows. I then cloned my C drive from the tutorial from this guy over here https://youtu.be/LELZdOcpkU4?si=gF0TU6hx04vzC3ps into the same drive since I had a little bit more than a whole TB left in my HDD. Looking back at it, I know for sure that is where I have gone wrong since I should have gotten like an external storage to put in my backup or something along the lines of that. For some reason, the cloning process took me over a day, I didn’t know if it was because of my slow hdd or it was because it was a little bit below 1tb to clone (the answer to that is probably simple, but as said, I am new to this.) After the whole cloning process is done, I went to my Disk Management and couldn’t find my backup anywhere as I thought that that backup would have been in its separate column in my HDD. What can I do to fix it?
Jrio

Re: Moving windows to ssd gone kinda wrong

Post by Jrio »

I would like to also add that I have a folder called C in my local disk, and inside it is a folder called C and so on and so. I don’t know where it stops though
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

When "moving" windows that way you will often end up by having a non-functional OS. There are programs that can clone the OS partition even with the boot table to another disc. This is not the case with reflector.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Jrio

Post by Jrio »

Alright that’s really good to know thank you, is there a way for me to find this clone and delete it. I appreciate the help thank you
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

This one seems to be one partition cloning software:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manage ... -copy.html
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Jrio

Post by Jrio »

Oh, I am not so sure if what I have said is misunderstood. The problem I have is that I have already cloned my C drive using Reflector, but I have no idea how to delete this clone/backup
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Right click on the backup in the history tab and select delete (with files)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Jrio

Post by Jrio »

When I clicked on the history tab, nothing appears. There is however a task and if I right click on it, I have the option to delete the task, should I do that?
Jrio

Post by Jrio »

There is a deleter tool, can I use it to delete the backup
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Both can be used, but if you delete the task and you want to keep using it, the task would need to be re-created.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator