Erratic behaviour of Cobian Reflector icon in tray

Questions about Cobian Reflector
papijo

Erratic behaviour of Cobian Reflector icon in tray

Post by papijo »

Hi!
I am seeing an erratic behaviour of the Cobian icon (and program) on my home computer. Here are the details.
Home desktop computer with Windows 11, not networked, with 2 users:
- Admin User (me, with admin privileges, session protected with a password), main user of the computer;
- Other User (a family member, ordinary user, session not protected with a password, occasional user of the computer.
Cobian Reflector version 2.5.00 installed as Service, Service enabled to start at Windows start. Cobian icon appears in the Windows icons tray, first with a red background, then with a white background and becomes usable.
Erratic behaviour is as follows:
1.- I am logged in as Admin User and Cobian engine has started, white icon is displayed in icons tray.
2.- I log out and login as Other User
3.- In the Other User session, sometimes the Cobian icon is displayed in the icons tray, sometimes it is NOT displayed!
4.-If the Cobian icon is displayed in the tray, I can click on it and I can interact with the Cobian program (view Tasks, change parameters, etc.)
5.-Then I leave the Other User session and log again to my Admin User session.
6.-Sometimes the icon is present in the tray, sometimes it is absent.
7.-If the icon was present and could be activated in the Other User session, and it is also present when switching to the Admin User session, even when clicking on the icon, the Cobian program interface is displayed, but it's not really 'active', nothing works in it!
---
How to achieve this desired behaviour:
Cobian icon always visible (and active) in Admin User session only (NOT visible to the Other User session)
Thanks!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Erratic behaviour of Cobian Reflector icon in tray

Post by cobian »

The tray can only be run in one desktop at the time. If you logout and log in as another user it should be OK, but if you just switch users without logging off, then we can surely see some erratic behavior.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
papijo

Re: Erratic behaviour of Cobian Reflector icon in tray

Post by papijo »

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that switching Windows sessions did not mean automatically logging out/in! Anyway, things seem to work as expected now. :OK