Some change requests

Questions about Cobian Reflector
SheriffHobbes

Some change requests

Post by SheriffHobbes »

Hello,

I have some change requests for Cobian Reflector:
  • For every item in the "Source"-Tab CR writes a separate archive. This is kind of annoying. I would like to see the option to write one task in one file only. This was the behavior in Cobian Backup 9 (other versions I haven't tested)
  • If there were no changes to an Incremental task, CR creates an archive with no content. I think this is unnecessary. Again, this was the behavior in Cobian Backup 9 (not to create empty archives)
  • The folder structure in the archives is always relative. I would like to see the option for having absolute paths
  • The option "Settings / Engine / Ignore reparse points in directories" seems kind of useless to me, because if I uncheck this options, for all the reparse points CR will throw an "access denied" in the next backup and they won't be backed up. So please either fix this or remove the option
That's all for today. Thanks for an otherwise great product. :OK

SH
I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
H. L. Mencken
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Some change requests

Post by cobian »

1- Use monolithic archives in compression

3- Options archive Use absolte paths even in archive (but you need to use absolute paths in your task as well)

4... Cannot reproduce this.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
SheriffHobbes

Post by SheriffHobbes »

1 - Ah, I see, it must be global monolithic archive.

3 - This creates a folder structure. I don't want this.

4- Here's the log:

Code: Select all

ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:27 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:27 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\History": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\History]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:27 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.IE5": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.IE5]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:27 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Application Data": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Application Data]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Cookies": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Cookies]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Music": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Music]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Pictures": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Pictures]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Videos": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Videos]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Local Settings": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Local Settings]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\My Documents": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\My Documents]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\NetHood": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\NetHood]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\PrintHood": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\PrintHood]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Recent": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Recent]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\SendTo": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\SendTo]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Start Menu": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Start Menu]
ERR 2023-10-14 20:42:28 An error occurred while listing the content of the directory "C:\Users\Administrator\Templates": (5) Access is denied: [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3\Users\Administrator\Templates]
I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
H. L. Mencken
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

What user is running the engine?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
SheriffHobbes

Post by SheriffHobbes »

I tried it with both the system account and the administrator account, same effect.
H. L. Mencken
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Quite strange. Sorry, I'm lost here. With the Local system account, those folders should be available in theory (if the default permissions have not been changed).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator