Tool for creating operating system clones

Questions about Cobian Reflector
moscine

Tool for creating operating system clones

Post by moscine »

I want to boot or back up my system to cloud storage services such as AWS-compatible storage or OneDrive. There are many reputable tools available for creating system backups and drive cloning, as well as cloud-based backup options. But I don't know which one to choose?

Do you have any suggestions for this problem!

Thanks!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Tool for creating operating system clones

Post by cobian »

No idea. Perhaps somebody else can recommend you some toll for that.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
jcs14257

Post by jcs14257 »

I have recently started using Aomei backupper. I have not tried to backup to a cloud server however but it claims to support it. I had been using Macrium until it was no longer free.

Backupper is free for Personal use. I have not yet had to use it in a real life recovery situation but I did create a bootable USB memory stick with a standalone version of Backupper on it. Then I backed up a W10 virtual machine to a USB disk, booted from my bootable USB memory stick and then restored my VM successfully.

I have also written a Guide which is on my technical support website https://soroban.co.uk. Note that this is very new and is still in draft!

There is a page there on "PC and Mac apps", accessible via the menu bar, and this contains a section on Backup where you will find links to the Aomei site as well as my guide. Here is a direct link to my PDF guide. Comments welcome, there are bound to be typo's!

https://www.soroban.co.uk/published-gui ... kupper.pdf

A link to the Cobian site is also there, and a similar Cobian guide is nearing completion!

I provide technical support to our local community and these guides (free for personal use) and links are part of that!
alishakihn

Post by alishakihn »

Certainly! When it comes to backing up your system to cloud storage services like AWS-compatible storage or OneDrive, there are several reputable tools available that can help you accomplish this task. Here are a few suggestions: Run 3
- AWS Storage Gateway: If you're specifically looking to back up your system to AWS-compatible storage, AWS Storage Gateway can be a suitable solution. It allows you to seamlessly integrate on-premises environments with AWS storage services, including Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) and Amazon Glacier. You can configure the gateway as a virtual tape library (VTL) or a file gateway to enable backup and recovery to AWS.
- OneDrive: If you prefer using Microsoft's cloud storage service, OneDrive, for system backups, you can utilize its built-in features. OneDrive provides file synchronization and cloud storage capabilities, allowing you to store and access your files from various devices. You can manually copy your important system files and folders to the OneDrive folder on your computer, and they will automatically sync with the cloud.
- Acronis True Image: Acronis True Image is a popular backup and recovery software that supports cloud storage integration. It offers comprehensive system backup and disk cloning features, allowing you to create full system backups, incremental backups, and disk imaging. Acronis True Image supports various cloud storage providers, including AWS S3, Microsoft OneDrive, and others, making it a versatile option for cloud-based backups.
- Carbonite: Carbonite is another well-known cloud backup service that offers solutions for both personal and business use. It provides automatic backup features, file versioning, and easy recovery options. Carbonite's Personal plans support backing up your system files to their cloud storage, ensuring data protection and accessibility.
figureheadloan

Post by figureheadloan »

How appropriate that the time is right; I was about to write to inquire about your progress. Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon Glacier are only two of the AWS storage services that can be easily integrated with on-premises systems. The gateway can be set up as a file gateway or virtual tape library (VTL) to facilitate backup and recovery to Amazon Web Services.
Mikasa

Post by Mikasa »

I recommend Clonezilla. It is free and open-source, supports various file systems and platforms,build now gg and allows disk-to-disk or disk-to-image cloning.
leorasy

Post by leorasy »

Clonezilla is a free and open-source disk imaging and cloning tool. It supports various file systems and can work with both Linux and Windows operating systems. Clonezilla offers options for full disk cloning as well as partition cloning. Watermelon Game
csatrales

Post by csatrales »

leorasy wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 05:57 Clonezilla is a free and open-source disk imaging and cloning tool. It supports various file systems and can work with both Linux and Windows operating systems. Clonezilla offers options for full disk cloning as well as partition cloningdrift boss
How to install? Is there a fee?
tetsu

Post by tetsu »

You can use Lazesoft, its easy to use.
musicaltoward

Post by musicaltoward »

csatrales wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:20
leorasy wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 05:57 Clonezilla is a free and open-source disk imaging and cloning tool. It supports various file systems and can work with both Linux and Windows operating systems. Clonezilla offers options for full disk cloningbasketball stars as well as partition cloningdrift boss
How to install? Is there a fee?
No, it's all completely free.
Last edited by musicaltoward on 22 Mar 2024, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.