Error 1326 when copying to NAS

Questions about Cobian Reflector
contremaitre

Error 1326 when copying to NAS

Post by contremaitre »

Hello,

In application mode I am unable to backup some file which require administrative rights (my local account has admin rights)
In service mode, input files are accessible, but I am unable to access the destination folder (Error 1326). I mapped the NAS folder to a drive letter, but whenever I try to enter the path with the drive letter, cobian interface automatically replace the letter with the network path (\\NASFOLDER).

Is there a solution to copy these files ?

Thank you
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Error 1326 when copying to NAS

Post by cobian »

Give access to the source files to your account (the one with adminisrator powers).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
contremaitre

Post by contremaitre »

I cannot do that, It comes from another software I can't change.

Can't I have access to the NAS folder with cobian as a service ? Or give cobian app administrative rights ?

Thank you
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

1. You can access the network as a service but not with the System account. (Or yes, you can but you need to change this default policy in Windows)
2. The program is using the rights of the user that is running the program. If your user is an admin, the program will have admin powers. The problem is that this is not Unix when an administrator have permissions to anything by default. In Windows an administrator have of ten limited permissions to many folders.

So you need to find a solution that works for you.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator