Pre-Post Backup Events, Command line

Questions about Cobian Reflector
willybueno

Pre-Post Backup Events, Command line

Post by willybueno »

I created dialog boxes (VBS) to be used for Pre- and Post-Backup Events to be brought up by command line. This is to inform the users that a backup process has started and when the backup is finished, so that they must not shut down their computers while the backup is in progress. The dialogue boxes displays all right, but it also displays the command prompt. Users freak out seeing the command prompt. Back in Gravity, these command prompts does not show, only the dialogue boxes. Is there a way to prevent these command prompts from showing?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Pre-Post Backup Events, Command line

Post by cobian »

VB scripts are being executed in a DOS box I think. If you could compile them into real applications (not scripted ones) then it should work fine.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
willybueno

Post by willybueno »

It's unfortunate, I'm not a programmer. I just created it from a template and did a bit of revision. I wish Reflector can provide a switch, or parameter (like the "Wait for completion" option) to close the command prompt after the dialogue box is shown. That is, after the event is executed. For now, I just omit the events all together.
willybueno

Post by willybueno »

Also, if I call the script through the Windows RUN command dialogue, the dialogue boxes displays without the command prompt.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The program uses ShellExecute with I think has this behaviour by default.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator