Questions and suggestions!

Questions about Cobian Reflector
nquinteros

Questions and suggestions!

Post by nquinteros »

Hello.
I need to make a backup of many medical study files, which are generally images.
We are talking about 3 or 4 million files that can weigh about 6 Tb.
There are some particular configurations that you need to make to Reflector to optimize it?.

The copy is being made, but I have no information on how far the copy has progressed, either in size or estimated time remaining.
Could this data be added to the screen?

And finally, since the copy takes several days, and the registry is restarted every day, or ends up being extremely large, can another alternative to log cutting be implemented?
For example: one for each backup, having the information from the beginning to the end?
Thank you!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Questions and suggestions!

Post by cobian »

Is this an FTP backup or a local one? For a large ammount of small files, 7z compression could be a good solution.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
nquinteros

Post by nquinteros »

It is a local backup of many files.
But what would be most required is to know how much time is estimated to complete the backup, although we know that these times vary during the process, but at least it is an estimate.
Thank you!
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
EmmaAlva

Post by EmmaAlva »

I agree. I have the same issue tiny fishing I don't have any updates on the progress of the copy.
Mnaisoa

Post by Mnaisoa »

It would be really appreciated if you could provide us with an expected timeframe for the backup.
run 3