Not Working As Expected!

Questions about Cobian Reflector
AnnieBody

Not Working As Expected!

Post by AnnieBody »

I set up a manual full backup for a directory.
I then setup a timed incremental backup for that directory.
What I now get is the full backup and several timed backups per day, all full.
I should only get the modified files in the incremental backup not everything repeated each time.
I should only get the one timed backup not several different times per day!

The realtime option is awful! Doesn't allow me to select more than one file at a time!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Not Working As Expected!

Post by cobian »

Too lite *relevant* information. Please be more specific about the setup of your tasks.

What is the real time option? This option doesn't exist at all.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

A full manual backup is when the user sets up a full manual backup:
New Task Name: Temp
Files Add Source: D\:Temp
Files Add Destination: G\:Temp
Schedule: Manual

Right click task then 'Run Selected Task'.
This creates a folder 'Temp + timestamp'

An incremental backup is when the user sets up an incrmental backup:
New Task Name: Temp
Files Add Source: D\:Temp
Files Add Destination: G\:Temp
Schedule: Incremental @ 21:00

Wait for time then this creates a complete new folder 'Temp + timestamp' with the manual fully copied even though none of the files has been modified.
Discover this also happened at 13:00 as well even though nothing has been set for this time.
So, on day 1 of use now have three copies of the same folder instead of the expected 1.

Repeat for day 2 with one file modified and now I have five full copies all timestamped with no determination as to what file was modified for restoring.

In accordance with your forum reply, setting timer for 1 minutes to apply realtime backup only stores 1 file, so ignore that comment as clearly I shall not be using this method and will rely on daily backups only until I can find a realtime backup method.

I was expecting one folder with modified files being timestamped and added to the folder structure so I could determine the status of each file.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Is your task clearing the archive attributes?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

Sometimes, than again sometimes not!
It appears to be automatically triggering the manual full backup every day @ 14:00 which appears to be the same time I set it up and first ran it.
Also, I either get a full backup or an incremental backup at 08:00 even though I have no manual or scheduled backups at this time.
Also, I either get a full backup or an incremental backup at 14:00 even though I have no manual or scheduled backups at this time.
Also, I either get a full backup or an incremental backup at 20:00 even though I have no manual or scheduled backups at this time. Assuming this is the 21:00 scheduled incremental backup, then it is clearly triggering at the wrong time.
So, in short I would expect a single full backup, then no further incremental backups as nothing has changed in this test folder.
What I actually have to date after two days of running is 7 backup folders four full and three empty.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

How is your Dynamics tab set up?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Ushavilash

Post by Ushavilash »

Hey hi, have you checked that the incremental backup option is configured properly to capture only modified files and also check the scheduling setting to check they're set up correctly.